Monday, May 09, 2011

Eros and Thanatos, 2003

This is a re-post of what is apparently one of my more popular images, as I tend to find it on other people's blogs quite frequently (I just found it again, this time on a Serbian blog), sometimes attributed to myself,  and sometimes not. I actually don't mind people "appropriating" my work for their blogs and web sites, but I would prefer it if those people credited the artist & linked my name to my main web site (www.ayton.net) or this blog. I understand that sometimes an image turns up from one of these secondary sites without attribution, and then the image is re-used, with the assumption that the artist is no longer around or suchlike (I am still around, last time I checked). This is not meant to be a rant, just an observation. I'm putting in a larger version of the ink drawing "Eros and Thanatos Were Lovers" below, as all of the previous ones available are rather small. This is still probably too low-resolution to be used for things like t-shirts or CD covers and so forth, so if anyone wants to license this piece for that kind of commercial purpose, they should ideally contact me (either leave a comment on this blog, or send an email to info "at" ayton "dot" net). Thanks.

Eros and Thanatos Were Lovers, 2003, brush & ink on paper, 24" x 19".

No comments: