Friday, July 15, 2016

Updated Tumblr

This is just to mention that I've recently updated my tumblr blog & given it a facelift, thanks to the "Elinor" theme from Themeber. It's had the same non-responsive (not mobile-friendly, that is) look for several years now, & this update gives it an endless-scrolling & loading, mobile-friendly overhaul. I also especially like the "Random" option in the menu, which as you might guess, gives a randomly chosen image from my stream of images, which I've found highlights artwork that I'd forgotten was there (there is a lot of work present).

I also tend to upload digitally enhanced versions of my drawings to the tumblr, rather than the straight ink drawings, just to change things up a bit. I find that the digital "faux woodcuts", as I sometimes call them, give a different perspective on the drawings, equalizing things like line weights, & giving the images a slightly "distressed" feel, which has its pros & cons.

You can see it all here: http://mymythsandmonsters.tumblr.com/

The new look Tumblr

No comments: